Inklet Update!!!

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
It's been almost 24 hours since Inklets arrival! I spent last night and part of this morning running around to LFS trying to find reasonably priced hermitcrabs. Know what his favorite food is? Local snails Jess & I caught in the summer/fall!! Luckily we still have around 30 of them in a feeder tank! So far he's eaten 3 of them! Next week I am getting fiddler crabs from Aquaculture, so I should be set with food for awhile! Lil Pumpkin eats 1 crab a day with frozen prawn thrown in here and there!

Inklet has been up the eheim tube, under the bubble filter, and digging in all corners of the tank! I even found him balancing on the plastic plant in his tank. Looked like he was bouncing on it! I have found if I hold a flashlight to take pictures, he doesnt get freaked. I don't want to use the flash yet.

He's always sitting in a spot where he can keep an eye on us! I have started tapping on the tank lightly so he gets used to knowing I'm there when he hears this sound. Lil P comes out when I tap on his now!

Jim emailed me to make sure everything was ok. I am waiting for his reply to see if I too have a sibling!! How many would that make?

So far so good!!! :mrgreen:
Carol

Carol,

He sounds as mischievous as Ochi!! I too have notticed no fear of the flashlight. Me thinks its because naturally they are a shallow water species.

My count has the sibs at 3 so far, but perhaps more. Have we started a poll yet? If so I missed it! :oops:

Ochi digs for clams, it's really cool to watch, even if he doesn't have many to find. He usually eats everything given in round 1.

Glad to hear Inklet is adjusting so fast! 8)

No good pictures yet. Think I already posted this one on another board. He's a little shy right now!

Thought you all would like to read what Jim from Octopets wrote back:

"I'm glad he arrived in good shape, yes he is from the same batch as the other members and anyone who has order in the last 6 weeks. Yours was the last octopus that I will be selling from that batch. the rest(20 octo's) will be raised to adults mated with octo's from other batches and lay eggs of their own."

Pretty amazing he keeps 20 babies from a batch! Looks like I got the last sibling!!!!

:biggrin2: Carol

I would have to agree with you Colin. Jim is a good supplier, however, if not, I don't want to be around when BOE finds out :yelling: . :lol:

BOE - you should call Jim today! I know you are shooting for 2-29, but I would get him to hold one till next week if possible, if you still want a sib that is!

:cry: :cry:

Ill try to order tomorrow. Ill run some tests soon but last I checked the nitrates were high. :frown: Also Im not sure if I can be here when they deliver.

neptune said:
... however, if not, I don't want to be around when BOE finds out :yelling: . :lol:

BOE - you should call Jim today! I know you are shooting for 2-29, but I would get him to hold one till next week if possible, if you still want a sib that is!

Wonder why they call me Bursts Ov Energy? :heee:

Nitrite - 0

Ammo - 0

Im gonna try to get some distilled water tonight. Ive really never done a water change because there was no reason to.

I have a plan...since octopets sells to fishsupply maybe I can get the sibling from there! I hope this works...

Call Jim @ Octopets he is in CA.

Params look stable, but there is always a reason to do water changes, are the scarlet and brittle not in this tank?
Do a H2O change and you should be doing better. Plan on those at least every 2-3 weeks max!!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back