Inklet & Lil P Update

Discussion in 'Cephalopod Journals' started by corw314, Mar 5, 2004.

1. corw314

corw314 Colossal Squid Staff Member Moderator

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since Inklets arrival! He has grown already! I think he maybe bigger than Lil P!! I was comparing size and I see a difference. Lil P has been with me 5 months on 3/4. I think I have spoiled Lil P as he only wants live fiddlercrabs and has been refusing anything frozen or freshly dead. Now Inklet is a little eating machine. He doesn't care what I throw in there! Anythings game! Inklet has starting pacing the front of the glass! He also is very busy in the tank. I see the heater moving, He climbs up the Eheim tubes! When he's out he gets into all kinds of mischief! I need to go toy hunting this weekend!!! Will have to try the crab in a gumball container :mrgreen: !!

Here is his latest door! He seems to like to move the shells all over the place more so that Lil P! Seems to be more outgoing also!!! I really love having octos from one end of the house to the other again!!!

Carol

2. cthulhu77

cthulhu77 Titanites Supporter

AAAwwwwww ! Neat little guy! It looks like he scared Nemo to death, though... :lol:
    greg

3. Burstsovenergy24

Burstsovenergy24 Larger Pacific Striped Octopus Supporter

Cool lil guy. :D

4. neptune

neptune Haliphron Atlanticus Registered

Great shot, glad to hear your babies are faring nicely. I must be fun to have 2 at a similar age at the same time to be able to really evealuate the diff personalities! :D

5. Nancy

Nancy Titanites Staff Member Moderator

You're getting such good photos of Inklet, all tucked into his shell. These bimacs are all such cute little guys!

Nancy

6. NickA5582

NickA5582 Sepia elegans Registered

Cute little guy, nice pic Carol! :D

7. Colin

Colin Colossal Squid Supporter

Suppose you are turning the house into an octo nursery??? :)

8. corw314

corw314 Colossal Squid Staff Member Moderator

Octo Nursery it is!!!! :mrgreen:

Tonight, I was inspired by reading about Ochi's playing with the smirf and lego, Inklet was out and about so I put in a red lego and a gum ball machine container with water in it to make it neutral. Inlet jetted to the red lego and I think would have grabbed my hand had I not let go and got out quick!! I'm still not sure what he would do if he got me!!! Anyway, he totally explored the lego and then let it go. The container he was floating on!! I think he is going to do alot of playing like Ink did. Seems to have that outgoing personality. He is bigger than Lil P. Lil P's mantle is about an inch while Inklets is 1 1/2 inches and his legs seem to be much bigger also.

9. joel_ang

joel_ang Architeuthis Registered

I think it has someting to do with Inklets name, Have you tried the green lego yet? Didn't you want to put a crab in the container?