Ink Update!!

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
Hi everyone! It has been almost 3 months since Ink laid eggs on October 10th. She has been with me for 9 months, which I figured she had to be around 4 months old when I got her. I took a ride out to That Pet Place in Pa on Sunday, and bought some large snails to feed her. She took about 24 hours to eat a 50 cent size snail, and since I have noticed the snails are disapearing one by one. She really has not left her cave since Sunday, as she's been dining. I am anxious to see, if the lact of activity is just due to being full!!! Her coloring really has not changed at all.

I am so glad I have had the time I have had with her. I am amazed at how her appetite has picked up these last few weeks.

Carol

So do I Nancy!!! I feel really lucky she's lasted this long! Today, I did a waterchange and rearranged her tank alittle. She has been doing laps around the parameter of the tank, as I cleared out some large pieces of rock to give to Lil Pumpkin, who I might add is happily now residing in a large barnicle. Anyway, Ink looks old to me. She's still eating, but I noticed her arms are not as in control at times as before and they have this thin look to them. Sometimes as she's sitting, they go up in the air, think there's a picture of this in the gallery. She also gets wiggles alot more than she did. I wanted to make sure it wasn't a water quality issue, so I checked parameters and the ammonia was up to .25 so I did the water change.

I miss her old personality, but am glad she is still here for the time being. I'm not sure but I have this feeling with some of the odd behaviours, she may not be here much longer.

Any thoughts on a new one yet? I know you had said you would wait a few months! I thought that too when Hermin passed, but couldn't wait :smile: :smile: !

Carol

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back