Inflatable cephalopods

A pet interest of mine...

Nearly 20,000 animal balloons were twisted together by the hand-picked team of artists from around the US and Canada to create the Fantastic Flying Octopus. Several thousand people showed up to watch the construction and launch of the craft, powered by wind and 10,000 cubic feet of helium. Challenges to be overcome included building the sculpture in a barn with a gravel floor and launching in the afternoon sun, both of which are natural enemies of balloons. Approximately 700 person hours went into the construction of the octopus. The team completed the octopus in 5 days, before the first balloons had a chance to deflate.

http://www.airigami.com/flying_octopus.php

ok, now that i finally have some time off, i have a new project!...but no barn, live on a VERY windy island and have never made a balloon animal before...hmm..maybe I'll start a bit smaller :biggrin2:

Originally posted by bathypol
ok, now that i finally have some time off, i have a new project!...but no barn, live on a VERY windy island and have never made a balloon animal before...hmm..maybe I'll start a bit smaller :biggrin2:

Best o luck to ya mon!! :biggrin2:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back