I'm starting to panic

delosa

O. vulgaris
Registered
I haven't seen my octopus Sabastian for three days. I last saw him Saturday morning. He looked whiter than normal and his legs looked a little curlier than normal. He just didn't seem right to me. I saw a half eaten crawfish in the tank Sunday. He crawls into the holes in the live rock so I can't move rocks around and look for him.

I'm starting to get worried he has died. Do they always come out in the open when they die?

Should I be doing something? All of my water test have come back excellent so I know that isn't an issue.

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Well, to be honest, the behaviour sounds like the "end of life cycle" that all octopus come to, after a real short period of time in our company...I think we all wish they lived longer, but nature has designed them for a very brief period of existance.
I wouldn't go crazy with moving rocks, but it might be a good idea to kind of poke around and see if you can find him...hopefully, the ceph was just in a blue mood this weekend?

Tone1987

Blue Ring
Supporter
I hate to say this delosa that is what mine did before he died..Mine actually was active in the morning and by the time i cam home from work he was dead... He had signs of curling legs and just off the wall behavior..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mcorbell

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak