I'm new

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lillie, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Lillie

Lillie Larval Mass Registered

Hi, i'm new to this forum and i have a ton of questions. I would like start a tank for an octopus, but dont even know where to start or what species i should choose. I know i have alot of options, i can't wait to get started. Anybody with some helpful info would be great, thanks!

2. haggs

haggs Vampyroteuthis Supporter

Welome Lilli,
    One of the best things that you can do is read some of the post in "Journals and Photos", this will give you an idea of what's involved. Then start the questions, before you start spending your money, there are many people here with so much knowledge that they are willing to pass on. If you are new to saltwater tanks it is important that you DO NOT rush the process of setting up, it will take time as in a couple of months. If you also add your location it sometimes makes it helpfull.

3. DWhatley

DWhatley Cthulhu Staff Member Moderator

Initiation by article reading beats trial by fire everytime. Then reading through some of the Tank Talk forums will give you ideas for a proper environment as well as what to avoid (you may be viewing that as I write :grin:).

The individual octopus journals that Haggs mentioned is full of personality traits for the different species but note that you may not have a large selection of choices as finding an octopus is not like shopping at Wal-mart and is why we have an octopus availabilty thread.

Have fun exploring and be sure to note your progress!

4. monty

monty Colossal Squid Staff Member Supporter

:welcome: to TONMO!

5. Jean

Jean Colossal Squid Supporter

:welcome:

J

6. cthulhu77

cthulhu77 Titanites Supporter

Welcome to Tonmo ! I am sure you will find that most of your questions can be answered here.

Greg