• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

I'm Back!

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Hi All,

Happy to say I'm back on deck after my op! All went well, thanks for all the good vibes sent! At the aquarium today with a group. So need to catch up on all that's happened here.

J

DWhatley

Cthulhu
Staff member
We have been worried since you have been out of touch and the second earthquake taking place. Someone remembered you were to have surgery and would not be around but it is a relief to hear from you. How did the aquarium fare after the second hit?

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Our aquarium is fine, we felt almost nothing, but the Christchurch aquarium is a loss. It was in the Square and the building is too damaged. The staff were allowed in for short times to maintain the gennys and feed the animals. They decided to evac, and got the Kiwis, Tuatara and some of the fish out and either taken to Orana park (sister institution, a game park) or released (the fish) but eventually it was deemed too dangerous to continue and the rest of the animals had to be euthanised- heartbreaking, they won't be reopening in the near future.

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Welcome back Jean - got a lot of emails asking about you! :smile: - glad you are well.

Members online

No members online now.