I'm Back!!!!!! Did you miss me??

octapush

Cuttlefish
Registered
Well i bet no one remembers me, BUT i use to frequent this website quite a bit a couple years ago. Anyway, I'm back and updated my profile and eager to read all about Octo's again!!!

Octogal aka Octapush

ob said:
Welcome back! Let's all get reaquainted :biggrin2:
Yeah i was missed :smile: !!!! well lets see, i never did loose interest in Octos, but i got side tracked looking for Octos in Caves:biggrin2:

I've become a full cave diver since i was here last, know of any species that live in caves? I have seen some really rare speices, such as a Blind Salamander in a cave in N.FL. Apparently they only exist in 3 caves systems in the world.!

Who gets to play the creepy little girls?

Welcome back ! The cave diving adventures sound great...pics?

greg

:welcome: back Octopush

Aren't salamanders only found in freshwater like all other amphibians or are there some saltwater species? You may not find octos in caves with salamenders!

eups

Yes, you are right, i was diving in the Fresh water caves in North Florida. So no Octos in caves? What a shame.

Heres a few pics

Attachments

• conv_288942.jpg
    conv_288942.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 119
  • conv_288943.jpg
    conv_288943.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 106
  • conv_288944.jpg
    conv_288944.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 106
and some more. Sorry about the quality. Didn't get pics of the salamanders, need a better camera, its dark in there you know!!!:goofysca:

Attachments

• conv_288945.jpg
    conv_288945.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 99
  • conv_288946.jpg
    conv_288946.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 100
tonmo said:
Those are great pics!

Greatest. Sign. Ever.

I know, those signs are at the front of every cave, you know to prevent the untrained idiots. The most amazing part of the cave training is when they make you switch off all your lights and its blacker then black and you have to feel your way out. Oh boy does that test your mental ability, i thought i was going to get stuck at one point, but couldn't see anything! Interesting feeling

octapush said:
I know, those signs are at the front of every cave, you know to prevent the untrained idiots. The most amazing part of the cave training is when they make you switch off all your lights and its blacker then black and you have to feel your way out. Oh boy does that test your mental ability, i thought i was going to get stuck at one point, but couldn't see anything! Interesting feeling

Now you need to try the blue holes out in the bahamas. I've heard many stories about giant octo's and stingrays living in the blue holes.

Hi, Octopush! Glad you came back! Are you thinking of getting a ceph or do you still have one? Hey, that looks like Ginnie Springs! And I think that sign's at the bottom of Devil's Ear? I'm one of the idiots who can't go past with only an AOW cert. :smile: Still, the ballroom is good enough for a first trip! Maybe you need a dive buddy one day?
Euprymna, I think it's usually 72 degrees.

bigGdelta said:
Now you need to try the blue holes out in the bahamas. I've heard many stories about giant octo's and stingrays living in the blue holes.

WOW really?? I have heard of the blue holes. How about this, i will go investigate for TONMO website!! I'll take pictures for everyone:smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back