Identify please

EagleWolf

Hatchling
Registered
Hello,

I'm new to all this and was hoping someone could identify the type and possibly the age range of these:
http://www.shawncaseyphotography.com/temp/cephalopods/Page.html

The landscape they were found in is quite interesting. What I have found out so far is this particular landscape developed after the last glacier retreated from this area some 10,000 years ago.

The bedrock found throughout Chaumont Barrens is about 450 million years old. Scientists say that at that time, Chaumont was at the bottom of a shallow tropical sea near the equator. It is now Northern New York.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Shawn - AKA: EagleWolf

Given the photographs and indicated location, I would guess this to be the phragmocone of Actinoceras centrale, from the middle to late Ordovician (Blackriveran) period. I hope this helps :wink:

:welcome: to our corner of the web, by the way!

Here's something similar from the Middle Ordovician in Wadi Daiqa, Oman.

Attachments

• conv_294728.jpg
    conv_294728.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 86
  • conv_294729.jpg
    conv_294729.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 114
ob;143375 said:
Given the photographs and indicated location, I would guess this to be the phragmocone of Actinoceras centrale, from the middle to late Ordovician (Blackriveran) period. I hope this helps :wink:

:welcome: to our corner of the web, by the way!

Thanks for the info, it is very helpful. Thanks for the "welcome" also.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back