• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

ID?

No new pics. I looked around in the tank about 4am this morning and managed to see a leg in a hole in one of the rocks in the center of the tank, but haven't seen him out since yesterday morning early when I took the last pic.

B

corw314 said:
Great pic! What kind of camera? Any update today?

Carol

The camera is an Olympus C-5050 zoom.

It's about 2yrs old. It's been a fantastic learning camera, as it's got more features than most point-and-shoot cameras. When I manage to get the money together to get a dSLR, I'll have a much better understanding of what things are than I had before.

No real updates. I couldn't find the little guy at all yesterday evening. I got up about 4am and managed to see a leg in one of the rocks near the center of the tank, but that was it. It's about what I expected.

When I got my first bimac, I didn't see the little one for nearly 3wks after I put it in the tank.

B

Well that was quick.

I found the octo dead in the tank yesterday morning. :cry:

I'd just checked my water the day before, and all the params were at 0. Just to double check I took a sample to one of the LFS I trust and had them test it. They said there was a very small amount of ammonia, but no nitrates, nitrites, or phosphates. My tank runs between 74 and 76 degrees.

It didn't seem large enough to be fully grown. Maybe it was just shipping stress?

B

sorry to read the bad news! :frown:

I think that it may be worth checking for copper in this case...

I havnt lost an octo to shipping stress after more than a few days of receiving it and in both cases they didnt eat.

They are just so sensitive sometimes

again sorry about the octo

regards
colin

incysor said:
I found the octo dead in the tank yesterday morning. :cry:

I'd just checked my water the day before, and all the params were at 0. Just to double check I took a sample to one of the LFS I trust and had them test it. They said there was a very small amount of ammonia, but no nitrates, nitrites, or phosphates. My tank runs between 74 and 76 degrees.

It didn't seem large enough to be fully grown. Maybe it was just shipping stress?

B
I'm very sorry to hear. That was an incredible octopus you had. Amazing pictures -- thank you for sharing them. I'm with Carol -- hang in there!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back