Ichiban - O. hummelincki

Well Once the lights went out yesterday He settled into a good den and stayed there through the night. When I woke and turned on the lights he came halfway out of his den and has just perched and watched his surroundings.

DSCN2373.jpg

First I got a name: Ichiban , Ichi for short. named for both a local sushi joint and a great Japanese movie "Ichi the killer'

I fed Ichi for the first time today. I wanted him to be good and hungry when I went to feed him for the first time. He took the whole tail from a small shrimp. I offered it on a bamboo skewer and he snatched it like a pro. I did not need to stimulate him at all. I used the tail from a live shrimp that I just cut off, it was not previously frozen. I also left both the shell and legs on.

ichi1.jpg

Good luck with him!

Ichiban... Oh, as soon as I read the name my mouth started watering - what I would do for an order of steak Tataki right now... Maine has an Ichiban but it's in Bangor, almost 3 hrs. from me..:sad: Love the sushi too!

So far I have a good feeling about him. We have had some contact he felt me i felt him and we parted ways on good terms. Unlike with Pen who just instantly tried to attack.

Ichi had another perfect feeding tonight, I gave him half a shrimp tail, with legs and shell. He was stuck to the glass up at the surface a corner. I put the shrimp right in front of him and he reached up and grabbed it right away. He held on to the stick for a few seconds then lets go and took his shrimp to his den.

Great that Ichiban is eating well for you :smile:
Have you ever tried feeding gadgets? I use toys with zip ties. It is kind of cool to watch them try to pull it down to thier den. At first it is funny they pull and tug but have a hard time. Eventaully they get better at it. Now Diablo plays with the floaters even without food attched.

Has his left eye always looked like that (with the little key slot)? Is it like that on the other side? I did not see that in other pictures but this is the first really close shot. Very odd shape.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back