I want to buy a Common Atlantic Octopus (Octopus vulgaris)

You are actually hitting a subject that is largely unaddressed by the fishpet industry...most of the stores and suppliers are not interested in researching the species they are carrying, because it does not make up much of their cash base...if you are lucky enough to find another cephophile working in the wholesale industry, you might be able to eventually find one, but it is more likely to be a hit and miss thing...perhaps with time and support, places like Octopets will breed other species, and be able to fill that gap.

When ordering a vulgaris, theres a large chance that you're going to get another species, maybe even a dwarf octo labeled as a baby vulgaris. They're not easy to identify and get mixed up with other species.

Briareus are also wild caught but they have more distinctive features so identifying one is easier. However, as Greg mentioned, people who catch them do't really bother to ID them and will label them as "common octopus"...etc. You might get lucky though and find them in a LFS.

o vugaris

i can get you one off a monterey drag boat they get them all the time but im not completely sure about the species maybe ill take a pic and ask your opinion because we sometimes get giant pacific octos

i know were you can get one

a site were you can mail order them from is carribeancreatures.com they also have a large supplyof other inverts and different species of octos if you change your mind
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: (my army) buhahahaha lol

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back