I think that the Sepia officinalis are much priiterier than the dwarf cuttlefish

After keeping Sepia officinalis cuttlefish first, I think that they are much more (prettier) attractive than the dwarf cuttlefish. The colors and attitude seem different. The dwarfs are not as active and less interactive with people at the tank. Mine use to beg for food and get mad when I didn't give it to them. These hide more and seem more scared. Mine use to flash colors at me all the time to let me know what they wanted ( I was trained well!). These seem to stay brown and white. Do they do the full color range like larger cuttlefish? Sepia officinalis could change to green, red, blue, white and every other color; it seemed.
Mine are 3 weeks old can that change colors more when they get older?

Attached is a photo of one of my old cuttlefish ( Sepia officinalis).
He could do most anything but plad!:biggrin2:

Attachments

• conv_304473.jpg
    conv_304473.jpg
    745.7 KB · Views: 121
Mike,

I think the cool behaviors come when they get to the main tank. I also believe that you will get much more personal interaction if you only keep one cuttle at a time. So its kinda whether you wanna breed them or play with them.

I can allready see cool behaviors and they've only been in the main tank for a few days. Chin up man. It'll work out.

Start feeding them only during the day and make sure you leave no food in the tank over night. You kinda have to break them from the nocturnal eating pattern.

I'll post some cool video of my cuttles hunting sometime this week.

Well mine still hunt at night and hide all day. I have added more live rock and clerpa to try to get them to stop hiding behind the filter and skimmers. I have 4 of them about 1 1/2 inches long and they eat very well.

They are not at nice looking as the larger cuttlefish.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back