I need educating

What's the best source...online would be nice, but books are fine too,...to educate myself about all the various and sundry cephalopods? Erich got tons of books about them when he was a kid, and I looked at them in passing, but never really studied them. Now I find myself reading all these great posts and people are referring to these adorable little (or not so little) creatures by their taxonomic names and I'm more than a little bit befuddeled. Any suggestions? :confused:

Undoubtedly the 'Tree of Life' (aka TOL) is the most valuable online reference (albeit non-reviewed, biased, opinionated, and with sections and comments therein that I strongly disagree with). If TOL had a debate section therein, along the lines of that offered on TONMO, then it would be, without reservation, the best on line reference available. Right now, without reservation, I am only prepared to say that it is 'the best online reference' (there is scope for improvement, but why do so when there are sites like www.TONMO.com). I take my hat off to Dick Young, to Tony, and to James also.

As things stand I'd rank it: 1) TOL, 2) TONMO (for friendliness), and 2 equal for CEPHBASE (for scientific content). Each has an important role to play, so there is no contest, and no contest should be entered into. I do, however, wish that more in the ceph community would post online (I know that many follow it). It will happen. Currently 3000+ members! I look back a few years and there were < 100 (and Colin said something that made me respond ... and as a consequence sign up)! Ahhhh, those were the days; what fun we had (when we would stay awake 24hrs to talk to folk on the opposite side of the Earth)!

We should start up the newsletter again. Hmmmmmm.

Steve O'Shea said:
Ahhhh, those were the days; what fun we had (when we would stay awake 24hrs to talk to folk on the opposite side of the Earth)!

We should start up the newsletter again. Hmmmmmm.

Oh Ye Gods and Garlic Dumplings! Dr. SOS ALSO stays awake and talk to folks on the other side of Earth? And I though only techno geeks who have no friends do that...did I tell

Currently staying awake to talk to you folks on the other side of Earth.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back