• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

I joined the team!

Dobrzemetal

Cuttlefish
Registered
Just sat down after 10 hours of learning how to set up the aquarium. Im happy with the aquascaping job I did and the overall quality of the tank (55gallon). Although my wallet is hurting pretty badly, I think I made a good investment that will bring alot of enjoyment. I only have 1 picture at this point, but tomarrow, when the small particulate and salt settles I will take some more pictures after we annihilate Tennessee. So far I have 2 damsels(my girlfriend has already named them) in there with about 75% dry rock and the other 25% purple coraline live rock, with the main peice in the center that is really cool!. I Also picked up one of the newest octopus protein skimmers that I will be using once the tank is up and going. Untill then I will be hanging out. :cool2:

P9180070.jpg

I like your somewhat different take on the Aquascaping. Assuming your going to be adding an octopus eventually, Make sure it has enough places to hide.

After doing some thinking, I decided to add more rocks like you said. I also changed a bulb to an acitinic, trying to get that coralline to grow eventually. Anyways, I think this is it.

102_0720.jpg

Yea, I would like a briareus its really depending on what is available when i'm ready for him. I think I may be able to catch one in the wild because I don't live to far from the keys so, we will see what happens when the time is right. I'm just happy right now with 4 damsels and 3 hermit crabs, Although there is one damsel (I named Richard, because hes a dick) that is a total bully that I may have to remove. If not, I will make sure he is Octo food and save the others.

I guess ill throw some other shells in there, so far all I have put in there is bigger hermit crab shells from the craft section in michels because I hear they will kill each other for their shells when they grow bigger. Also, Do you guys think a hummelincki would be better then a briareus for the size tank?

55 would do well for hummelincki or aculeatus but is really too small for a full grown briareus (my 65 split is a bit too small as well but I would still get another as the tubes add some length and I have a 35 gallon sump).

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back