I <heart> Mike De Gruy....

.... and so do most of us (I assume)! In addition to being the foxiest of silver foxes, he is an intrepid underwater photographer, a delightful narrator, and one of the most charismatic and recognizable "nature guys" on the small screen.

So.... how come he isn't a member of TONMO???

Somebody track him down and invite him to join, quick!!!

Tani
(who just watched Amazon Abyss and Dive to Shark Volcano on my cool new BLUE PLANET deluxe edition DVD set)

:tentacle: Magnificent Mike :tentacle:

Attachments

• conv_303304.jpg
    conv_303304.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 95
Hi there Colin --

Well, they did have lots of problems due to limited underwater visibility, but all in all it was quite interesting -- I loved the sequence with the local kids and the botos (which was apparently the first time botos were ever filmed underwater).

I'm a little confused about that link, though.... I checked out Springwatch Programme Information, but it didn't say a thing about Mike. Is Kate Humble Mrs. De Gruy? (If so, lucky lady.... :wink:)

Oh, and Thales, there's method to my madness: Many moons ago, I posted a paean to Dr. William Gilly on one of our forums, suggesting that someone invite him to join. Within a month or so he became a member, which he remains to this day. Quod Erat Demonstrandum, baby! :mrgreen:

TANI BANANI

(who still thinks Mike is foxy to the max,
even when he's talking like Alvin the Chipmunk
from breathing helium in Dive to Shark Volcano)

Colin;114859 said:
Oh no, Amazon Abyss had so many wasted opportunities and the UK is getting ready for the onslaught which is Mike's missus in BBC Springwatch with annoying wee Bill Oddie :frown:

I'll refrain from any judgement as to the foxiness of Mike though LOL

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/animals/springwatch/

Hi Tani

yeah Kate is Mrs De Gruy - poor girl LOL

She was in the Amazon Abysmal too :smile:

To be specific, the programme, in my opinion, ended up being more about the film makers than the actual wildlife of the amazon. I was disappointed in the programme because as someone who is so interested in aquatic life it seems that 90% of the film was above the water?!

I miss the Goodies!! One of the best comedies on TV years ago.

Tani, I'm sure that Mike would be flattered.

Attachments

• conv_292608.jpg
    conv_292608.jpg
    945 KB · Views: 114
that reminds me of Mike Jittlov:

pretty impressive stuff for 1979, with no computer graphics, computer controlled cameras, and so forth...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back