• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

I have TWO Bimacs!!!

I should have enclosed the last post with this bit of fun...we have bbq's here often (easy in arizona, you don't even need a grill) :x and about six months ago, one of the people attending leaned on the edge of the tank, elbow exposed....he was quite shocked when Piglet rocketed out of the water expecting to be fed...he spent the rest of the night outside or on the couch!

I've kept cichlids in the past and although there very cool fish, I'm willing to bet that your boyfriend will be bit with the saltwater bug before it's all over. I just have a hard time imagining him a few months down the road looking at his bimac on the front glass and thinking "I can't wait for that Jack Dempsy!"

Yeah, she is really something...I have never had a fish with so much personality...I can hardly wait until the males are big enough to put in with her...breeding ornates is something I have wanted to do for a long time! I bought her when they were still something of a rarity here, about 9 years ago, and now juveniles show up about every three months...but they grow sooooo slowly!
Cheers!
Greg

Them are some very nice pics. And as far as what was girlfish's problem i wish i woulda found this one when it occured. I have a 72 gallon tank more than ready for an octo, till waiting on the LFS to order one for me. He did call once with a blue-ring, but i turned him down on that one. I honestly dont see how they can be all that bad, but then again im not one to stick my hand in the tank other than when it is needed.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back