• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

I have a wild caught baby bimac to give away

Once they get a little bit older you would be able to try and ship them. I have had a TINY octopus survive shipping though I wouldnt recommend doing it just yet. The supplier was a quack (didnt know it at the time) and I lost it in the tank. It escaped a critter keeper it was so small... the cracks in the lid were like a huge front door.

I wish I had an extra tank set up I would have taken the other one from Joe-Ceph. But I already have 3 octopuses... 4 I think would be a bit much when you only have 5 tanks and fish in one of them.

I'm definitely considering the possibilities.... I would consider driving up to pick it up. I have a battery operated air pump and a plastic cooler.....and a 40 gallon tank that is empty....My plan would be to use existing tank water/filter/rock to get it up and running from the 70 gallon but I would not be ready for at least 3 weeks.....hmmmmm....

SabrinaR;174145 said:
. It escaped a critter keeper it was so small... the cracks in the lid were like a huge front door.
I can relate. When I first got these hatchlings I had them in the plastic breeder traps but they were easily getting through the vents. I've now got them all in the net/mesh type and have ordered more online. Not so great for viewing them and taking photos but it keeps them contained during this tender young age when they need monitoring.

SabrinaR;174147 said:
Conrad, I emailed you about the other octopus. I want you to go a head and send it to me.

LOL Addicting, aren't they.
Sue

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back