• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

I got my octo!

Rockthis11 said:
However, in times to come i have no doubt that i will be setting up other larger tanks.
RT, you can call me dave lol, how big you plannig on going for?
I got a 250gL tank which I got my vulgaris housed and other critter's, I'm getting a starfish for my euprymna tommorow and i'll be rearranging the tank's a bit, I got a 35 gL tank for other critter's too, but it's just for the food im gonna feed the octo's and it's also for saltwater cultivated plant's lol.

Hey Dave,

hmmmm i havnt really thought about it yet, but candidly the last thing my parents want is another tank. they love the one i have and they love rocky, but its not really inexpensive to setup and maintain a tank. Well, maybe maintaining it is reletively inexpensive but u know what i mean.

sounds like everything is coming along splendidly Mike! Congratulations...it is an uphill battle, we all can sympathize!
Send in some more pics when you can...
Greg

Rockthis11 said:
I took some pics of him eating :biggrin2:. Thats the same cave he just wont leave!

COOL PICTURES!
Im happy to hear you finally got one off of fishsupply. Im getting the same octopus from there!
I can't wait to get it.

You're octopus in those pictures look awesome! Like it's mysterious, hehe.

hmmm videos. I would love to show you guys some videos of my octo but i dont know how to post them. If anyone could tell me how to do this then i would be more than happy to share my little bimac in the form of a video to all of you :smile:

thats the thing i dont know how to send videos. I have a fire wire cable thing so i can bring i video onto the computer from my video camera but i dont know how to send it.

hey everyone,

Im happy to say that Rocky seems to be doing fine. For the most part he is up and about the tank all day. However, one thing has me a little concerned. When i fed him his frozen (thawed) fish today he tried grabbing my finger and putting it close t his mouth, so i put the fish (on a toothpick) closer to him and he took it from me. He was eating it for about 10 minuets when he started spitting it out. I want to know why isnt he eating this?? Also, when i fed him his snail (live) yesterday he grabed it, took it to a hidden place, and was gone the rest of the day. However, when i feed him his fish he doesnt hide. I dont understand iv been feeding him fish ever since he has been with me (every other day i give him some live food). can someone please help me?

thanks

Hi Mike,

Ollie has always spit out things he isn't in the mood for. Also, his tastes changed from time to time. He ate scallop for some time, then one day he wouldn't eat it. So always have a variety of food on hand.

Nancy

:periscop:

Re: getting a video, Joel is right, just send it to me via email as an attachment...

but I suspect Mike's problems have more to do with his ability to turn his video image feed into an actual file. Is that correct Mike? Not sure I can help you there... you might want to read any Help material that comes along with the software you're using... Let me know any specific questions though and I'm happy to help...

hi guys,

I will work on the video. I think if i just play around with it i can figure it out, and you were right i am having trouble just turning it into a file.

nancy, should i stick in a hermit crab for him? He loves those :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back