• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

I got my octo!

mike, usually rejection of some types of food is very common, it's not something you should worry about, as Nancy said, it's best to have a variety of food's at hand. :smile:

awww that gets me steemed :x . i was hoping that he would like that food, o well. im gonna throw in a hermitcrab for him, but i just dont want him to think that everythime he rejects food hes going to get a crab. Thats not how it works :x.

thanks everyone

Hi Mike,

Many octopuses won't accept frozen food until they're older - so you're fortunate that yours will try. It's normal for you to have to offer different foods and also not to just use one.

I've tried to always provide some live food, along with some fresh seafood. If he rejects a certain kind of food, I just move on to something else.

It just so happens that, now that he's older, Ollie has come to like frozen shrimp, too.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back