I got my octo!

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
You may find he likes the frozen prawn the LFS sells. Ink loves this and will steal it even from the serpent star. Also, most stores sell small hermit crabs for $1.oo or so a piece.

Any name yet?

Carol

L S

Blue Ring
Registered
Reaction score
Hey RT, congratulations! Being following your posts right from getting your tanks to cycling it to getting your 1st octo, well done!! Have fun naming it 8)

LS

Rockthis11

Wonderpus
Registered
Reaction score
I dropped in a live hermit crab for him, but he still wont come out of his den :cry: to eat it. Should i just give him some frozen food that he seemed to like yesterday?

o.vulgaris

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
it's worth a try, when I first got my euprymna scolopes he didn't come out for a while, it was a whole week I think, during the midnight mainly 2:30 AM he would come out and eat, very weird lol.

o.vulgaris

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
think about you're favorites tv character's and stuff? :)
bobby from king of the hill...

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Rockthis,

Hmm... I've been in Orange County, but never heard of a city called Orange! But at any rate, you're in a good area for octopuses!

Yes, go ahead and feed your little octi what he likes, trying to add other things to see what he'll accept.

Nancy

Rockthis11

Wonderpus
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I decided to take ther hermit crab out. Instead, i just gave him a piece of fish that he took off of a toothpick. I took a pic of him eating it :) . Although, i am afraid i gave him to big of a piece. However, i dont think this will be much of a problem, because if he doesnt decide to eat all of it my brittle star and shrimp should take care of the piece (the shrimp were trying to take it from my little octo) :) .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonny

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards