Hunting ammonites on Youtube

Nice vids there Fossilkid. The marine reptile tooth was a very nice find indeed. Well done!

hey phil
thanks. Plus i keep forgetting to take my camera fossil hunting and missed like 5 trips lol. Like i said there is more to come so keep an eye out on that channel. Plus would you trade any of your ammonites ? plus i done some studying on that tooth i found and its from a juvinile liopleurodon.

No Fossilkid, as I've said to you before I'm not interested in trading anything, sorry. Well done on the Liopleurodon, are you sure that's the right identification?

Hey Phil
Sorry i must have forgotten about you not trading. Plus yes im sure about the identification. Im like an expert with jurassic marine reptiles. Plus i have other liopleurodon teeth also so i have matched it exactly with it.

Hey fossilkid
Glad to hear you are an expert on ancient marine reptiles. I just wondered if you have any opinion as to what extent cephalopods comprised a dietary component of the reptiles that have been excavated from the Oxford clays?

Well, as you know belemnite and other squid hooks are often associated with marine reptile stomach contents. I just wondered if you have come across any such associations in the Oxford Clays.

Yes I do indeed remember that, particularly Dr. Peter Doyle of the University of Greenwich appearing on Richard and Judy with his fossil slab of belemnites, surely the high point of his scientific career. Belemnite rostra are not found in ichthyosaur stomachs, just the hooks, so it was thought the reptile vomited up the hard parts. In the particular specimen Dr. Doyle noted that the specimens were damaged by acids, presumably stomach acids, and it was the first time this had been recorded.

I'm sure we had a thread on this at the time, though it seems to be evading me at present.

Hey Phil
Ok cool. Well i may have some marine reptile vomit also but it has fossils in it that would have lived at the bottom of the sea. The plesiosaurs were the sea bed feeders and scooped up any thing that looked like food from the bottom of the sea. I have 1 vomit slab that has worm burrows , 4 different species of gastropods , bivalves ect. i will post a picture when i have more time along with the other picture i promised.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back