Hummelincki Showing Passing Clouds Display

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
6683788.jpg
  • Maya has been showing the passing clouds display almost every night but my camera has not been at hand or my hands were in the water when I have seen it start. Unfortunately the gorgonian is in the way of a full view but the impact is still pretty good.
  • English

gholland;143242 said:
Nice D! Looks like she's only displaying on the side facing you and the other is staying solid. Is that a "beware" signal?
Legs does the same thing when she wants my attention, she will sit on the glass and display the passing clouds but only on one side. I have noticed that when legs is hunting shrimp she does full body passing cloud and in a top to bottom pattern as opposed to the left to right I usually see her display.

Greg, I have not seen enough of the passing cloud display to make any guesses yet. We see it sometimes when she is just hunting and other times she seems to do it when we approach while she is hunting. Octane only displayed the behavior a couple of times and I never saw Octane do it. This tank is in the same spot as Octane's tank (and initially OhToo's) but the tank and lighting have been replaced. There is much more top water movement and more lighting so we see the moving water under light effect in the tank itself (an effect Thales was working on at the aquarium with the cuttles) and I suspect the envioronment has an influence.

CaptFish, Does your tank also have top water moving reflection? I am thinking we have something of interest with the setups that we may want to note in the tank talk thread but I want to see if we continue to get the display with Maya or if it is more age than environment related.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back