Hummelincki Capturing Clam

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
4283234.jpg
  • Our new hummelincki was not at all shy when she entered the tank and started hunting for food (even though she ate before being released) immediately. She discovered the large clam in the sand and wrangled it up two flights of rock before trying to get it open. After about half an hour she gave up on it.
  • ---

MeEd,
I occassionally get clams from the grocery to offer as food (either live or on the half shell) to whoever is in residence and keep the not yet offered ones in one of the tanks that has no interested parties as sand cleaners (if I have an open tank - otherwise, I have a food tank for them). In this case this was the last clam of the ones last purchased and was in the tank prior to Maya's appearance. Neal went to the store today and found some smaller ones with thinner shells so we swapped the clams but so far Maya has not shown an interest in the new one.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back