Hullo!

cephlamaniac

Cuttlefish
Registered
Reaction score
i've been lurking around this site for a while now(looking for info :read: ), and i've decided to get an octo. i want a day-time,small octo. any suggested speices?

P.S. love the emoticons! :D

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome!
As to the species, it really depends on your supplier...octos are a "hit n miss" sort of animal to aquire, and you have to roll with some punches. Unless you can find a specific animal you want already at a store, you will most likely have to go with a bimac, but they don't really qualify as small...but they do start that way! O. digueti comes in now and again, but with Mexico's new trade restrictions, I wouldn't bet on it...
Best bet? Probably start with a bimac...and see where he/she leads you! Happy Cephing!
Greg

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
Welcome to TONMO.com cephlamaniac!! Good luck with your octopus adventure -- definitely keep us informed each step of the way.

bimac seems to be a great choice, especially for a first octopus.

garyhoov

Hatchling
Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I just stumbled on this site myself. My wife and I have been talking about getting an octopus and/or cuttlefish, and after a brief search I found this site.

Isn't it great that if you have an off the wall question like: "I wonder what I have to know to take care of a cephalapod" you can find it here?

I don't really know enough to even start asking questions yet. The important thing is I (hopefully) loaded a picture of a cuttlefish from Epcot.

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
garyhoov, welcome to TONMO.com! Great looking cuttlefish in your avatar...

Well, you've certainly come to the right place. Happy reading! Post your questions whenever you're ready. :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Introduce Yourself 9