Hullo!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by cephlamaniac, May 31, 2003.

1. cephlamaniac

cephlamaniac Cuttlefish Registered

i've been lurking around this site for a while now(looking for info :read: ), and i've decided to get an octo. i want a day-time,small octo. any suggested speices?

P.S. love the emoticons! :D

2. cthulhu77

cthulhu77 Titanites Supporter

Welcome!
    As to the species, it really depends on your supplier...octos are a "hit n miss" sort of animal to aquire, and you have to roll with some punches. Unless you can find a specific animal you want already at a store, you will most likely have to go with a bimac, but they don't really qualify as small...but they do start that way! O. digueti comes in now and again, but with Mexico's new trade restrictions, I wouldn't bet on it...
    Best bet? Probably start with a bimac...and see where he/she leads you! Happy Cephing!
    Greg

3. cephlamaniac

cephlamaniac Cuttlefish Registered

thanks, i was thinking about a bimac! :octopus:

4. tonmo

tonmo Titanites Staff Member Webmaster Moderator

Welcome to TONMO.com cephlamaniac!! Good luck with your octopus adventure -- definitely keep us informed each step of the way.

bimac seems to be a great choice, especially for a first octopus.

5. garyhoov

garyhoov Larval Mass Registered

Hi! I just stumbled on this site myself. My wife and I have been talking about getting an octopus and/or cuttlefish, and after a brief search I found this site.

Isn't it great that if you have an off the wall question like: "I wonder what I have to know to take care of a cephalapod" you can find it here?

I don't really know enough to even start asking questions yet. The important thing is I (hopefully) loaded a picture of a cuttlefish from Epcot.

6. tonmo

tonmo Titanites Staff Member Webmaster Moderator

garyhoov, welcome to TONMO.com! Great looking cuttlefish in your avatar...

Well, you've certainly come to the right place. Happy reading! Post your questions whenever you're ready. :D