Howdy from Texas!

Omega

GPO
Registered
Although I never actually hear people say howdy here it always seems the fitting way to introduce yourself as a Texan. I'm a full time college student looking to join in your hobby and since I've been reading posts on this site for like 3 hours I figured I'd sign up. I've been wanting to get an octopus for years ever since I first saw one open a jar. I'm just starting to aquarium shop hopefully I'll have one chosen by Christmas!

:welcome: Just make sure you give your aquarium plenty of time to mature before you start shooping for a wee beastie to put in it. There's a ton of information in here for the beginner, and if you're really serious about getting going it would be a good idea to buy Nancy King and Colin Dunlop's book "Cephalopods: Octopuses and Cuttlefish for the Home Aquarium". It's available from Amazon. They are both Tonmo staff members.

Hi and welcome to TONMO.com!
There are a number of site members from Texas, so you're not alone.
Setting up and maturing your tank will take some time. In the meanwhile, you might want to go to Galveston and pay a visit to the Moody Gardens aquarium. I'm told they now have octopuses, cuttlefish and nautilus on display.

Nancy

Welcome to Tonmo ! You might want to pick up a copy of Nancy and Colin's book too...quite informative, as Sorceress said.

Greg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back