• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Howdy From Austin TX

LEW

Larval Mass
Registered
Hi y'all, I have browsed TONMO off and on for awhile now. I'm from Austin, TX. I don't have any cephs, but hope to someday. I am experienced in marine and fw aquarium care. I maintained the aquaria Texas A&M before moving to Austin. I am now a research assistant at UT. My only aquarium right now is a 2 liter nano-reef I keep on my bench top.

Any other Austinites on TONMO? I would love to learn from you and your successes keeping cephs.

Neogonodactylus

Haliphron Atlanticus
Staff member
Welcome. Lectured there a few times, but not lately. With all the rain you guys have been having, perhaps you should stick to freshwater aquaria for awhile. If they get flooded, it won't be fatal to the occupants.

Roy

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Lots of Texans on here Lew, welcome aboard! :cuttlehi:

fluffysquid

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Well hi Lew, I'm the other Austinite!

I'm home for a few weeks more till i return to one last year at A&M in Galveston for my Marine Science degree. Welcome!

fluffysquid

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
LEW: i used to have a 75 gallon, a 20 and a 29.... but I've since sold them all.... so sad. Now I've got just a teeny 5 gallon (sitting empty right now). I had those all in galveston at one point...

I'm starting to get my fish-bug again and have been eyeing the market for, say, a dirt-cheap 20 gallon tank.... so it's small enough for me to move on my own without needing help. I'm a cheap student... you know how it is.

Members online