How to fashion a wetsuit from a seal hide, and other things 'Man vs. Wild ... - Enter

Discussion in 'The Octopus' Den' started by octobot, Jan 6, 2011.

1. octobot

octobot Robotic Staff Staff Member Robotic Staff

[​IMG]
    [SIZE=-2]Media News International[/SIZE]

How to fashion a wetsuit from a seal hide, and other things - Man vs. Wild ...
    [SIZE=-1]Entertainment Weekly[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]... a local method using torches to catch octopus at night. Will most of us ever need to catch octopus at night? No. But the torches make it sound pretty![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Bear Grylls Is Back to Test His Survival Skills Against All That Mother Nature ...[SIZE=-1]The Futon Critic[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]all 5 news articles[/SIZE]

More...

2. tonmo

tonmo Titanites Staff Member Webmaster Moderator

This boils down to what's quoted above. So do we know how to catch octopuses with torches? Are they attracted to that light during low tide?

3. SabrinaR

SabrinaR Larger Pacific Striped Octopus Registered

I hate this guy. He is all about ooo look at all the strange stuff I will eat to "survive". Its a bunch of carp if you ask me. Now Man Woman Wild is actually interesting... Though it was painful to see them eating a maxima clam and I found out that 10 maxima clams have the same nutritional value as 1 bannana. They also tried eating a sea cucumber... apparently it was very nasty.

4. DWhatley

DWhatley Cthulhu Staff Member Moderator

In Octopus and Squid The Soft Intelligence Cousteau talks about octopuses being interested in their torches and getting burned but I wonder if they are really talking about squid in the brief.