• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

How much food should i feed my octopus and cuttles

amywilkes

Hatchling
Registered
Hi everyone

I am trying to figure out how much food i should be giving my octopus and cuttlefish. I have been told that cephalopods in general need to eat a lot because of their high metabolism but Im having trouble finding a guide as to how much is just right. Ive heard that half the mantle size a day is good for an octopus...not sure with cuttlefish. How much does everyone else feed their cephs per day? And any ideas where i can find some info on this?

My adult dwarf cuttle (sepia bandensis) will eat 1 medium sized silver side per day or two small silversides. Sometimes, she'll eat more if I offer it, but she never has much gusto when doing so. So I think half mantle length is a good rule of thumb.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back