• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

how much does s. bandensis grow??

Nippel

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Hi,

my cuttles are hatched at the middle of march. They start eating at the and of march. Now i have 3 in the size of a half inch and 3 that are smaller, i think a quarter inch.

I guess the size is a bit small for their age isn't it?? I read they grow up to one inch in this time.

I feed live and frozen mysis, mostly two times a day and for night more they can eat at once to hunt in the night.

Is this size normal for their age or what can i do to let them grow faster?

regards

It depends on the food source and size. For the larger ones, its time to move to larger foods. Once you do that they will grow faster. The smaller ones may not be getting enough food - can you separate them?

the smaler ones are seperatet, they all get mysis. frozen and live ones.

What food whould you recomment for the larger ones? They are to smal for pealamon sp. or does they eat food that is two times bigger then the cuttles?

My first one hatched Feb 26: Second 2 on March 2nd. They are all little over 1" now and eating 1" + Saltwater Shore Shrimp. You will start to see them grow much faster now. Cool little critters!

its amazing, i've put a bigger shrimp to the bigger cuttles and they eat it. the shrimp was 3 times that big as the cuttle whitch hunt it.

thanks for your help, monday i'll try it with frozen shrimps. i want to let the guys into the "free" water asap...

Congrats!!! I put mine in their new home yesterday (5/3) they quickly found a place to hide, and they were gone. I check in the evening with lights out, using pen light, and they were all out. One actually caught a big shrimp when I was watching it. Time to order more food.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back