• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

how does this setup sound?>OCTO

brett

O. vulgaris
Registered
40 gallon acrylic, 40 lbs. LR, PVC pipes, sand/aragonite, aquaC remora skimmer, 25 gallon sump/FUGE, (hole in the wall overflow), octopus bimaculoides,mag pump for return water??? seperate 15 gallon live food tank... what are your thoughts on the setup/ equipment and how should i screen the overflow without reducing its flow?

neptune

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered

theperfect01

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Fine grain is DEFINATELY important...you don't want the little guy scraping himself on the sand. What do you have to regulate the temp?

brett

O. vulgaris
Registered
ok fine sand it is. I was planning on using the room's temperature to keep the tank warm enough. i live in oregon so the temperature stays pretty solid doesnt sway much... i already bought the 40 gallon (way cheaper) thanks for the pics dude.

neptune

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
NP hoped they helped. With a 40 gal, I suggest definately to feed every other day!! Which is good anyways, but prolly more of a nec. here!

Burstsovenergy24

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Supporter
Well, in the confined space of a 40, you dont want the octo to out grow his tank! :|

I would get a 55 from PetSuperMarket. Edit: Sadly, there doesnt seem to be a PetSuperMarket near you. Try PetsMart and ask for only the tank and not the combo. Hope that helps! :D

Members online

No members online now.