• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

How can i speed up the process for cleaning a tank?

calamari101

Cuttlefish
Registered
Does anyone have any ways to speed up the cycle for cleaning a cephlapods tank? I read that it takes 3 months to properly clean out the tank. If im to get a pregnant joubini in one month (June is the deadline) how can i clean the tank? I plan to buy a 29 gallon tank. Is there a type of filter skimmer plant or rock that can do the job properly? I want the job done weel so if its absolutely IMPOSSIBLE Its not worth the octopuses fatality. Please respond soon! This topic is VERY time sensitive.
THANK YOU Sooooo MUCH!
Sincerely Calamari101

Buy a used tank that has been setup and running for months. Move it with EVERYTHING that was in it, still wet, set it back up, and in a few days it will probably be okay.

Otherwise there is no safe fool-proof way to speed up the cycle process. If there were, we would suggest it. But there's not, so we don't.

Animal Mother;116522 said:
Buy a used tank that has been setup and running for months. Move it with EVERYTHING that was in it, still wet, set it back up, and in a few days it will probably be okay.

Otherwise there is no safe fool-proof way to speed up the cycle process. If there were, we would suggest it. But there's not, so we don't.

Thank you

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back