How can I interact safely... without gloves?

Squirrel1

O. bimaculoides
Registered
The thread title pretty much sums it up. My octopus doesn’t seem to like the taste of my gloves. I would like to know how to interact safely without gloves in a way that I cannot be bitten by doing. Do any of you know of a way?
Thanks,
Squirrel1

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Yours is not the first report of an octopus not liking gloves. If you read the many octopus journals here online, you will notice that most people do not wear gloves. You can control the situation so that the octopus is not bringing its beak to touch your hand. Mostly, it’s not a problem.

Nancy

Squirrel1

O. bimaculoides
Registered
Yours is not the first report of an octopus not liking gloves. If you read the many octopus journals here online, you will notice that most people do not wear gloves. You can control the situation so that the octopus is not bringing its beak to touch your hand. Mostly, it’s not a problem.

Nancy
How could I prevent him from not getting his beak near me?
Thanks

Hayes064

Hatchling
Registered
Depending on the size of your octo, keeping away from the beak is pretty easy. Always keep one hand free in the event something unforeseen happens, and be assertive if need be. typically octos will be lax with people when skin on skin is occurring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keke77

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards