How active is your Octopus?

Discussion in 'Tank Talk' started by binaryterror, Jan 4, 2006.

1. binaryterror

binaryterror GPO Registered

I have been wondering how active all of your octo's are. Do they run away when they see you? Do they come out when you walk by? How often do you see them? This has been going through my mind forever! LOL!

2. joefish84

joefish84 Sepia elegans Registered

mine used to come out and stick to the front glass everytime i came in the room. and would then go back and forth in the aquarium trying to get my attention. if that didnt do it he would begin taking apart return pipes and would start to be a little sphinxter then when i was on the computer he would sit there and watch me and flash colors evertime the screen changed

3. pilotinho

pilotinho Blue Ring Registered

Activity

When Herman was alive he was out all the time. The first month while he was getting used to us he would be mostly hidden but after that he was out all the time. Herman acted pretty much like the previous post. He would come out when I was in the room and squirt me with water at feeding time. I was SO impressed with how social he was. We miss him :cry:

4. Nancy

Nancy Titanites Staff Member Moderator

It depends a lot on the age of the octopus. Younger ones hide more. As they get a little older, they come out more. Either way, they're most likely watching you. The younger ones are most always there in sight, but blend in so well you can miss them.

Nancy

5. a rabid squid

a rabid squid GPO Supporter

ive notice that my octopus gets slightly more active right after water changes when the the water has less salt. maybe its like a breath of freshish water.

6. binaryterror

binaryterror GPO Registered

^^ Hmmm... thats interesting.

Thanks for all the replys! Its great to hear how social Octos really are!

7. Jean

Jean Colossal Squid Supporter

depends on personality too, we've had some that were very social and others who were positively antisocial!!!!

J