home page

I have a few things to do to bring back some of the features we've lost. FYI, I've recently (like, this morning) engaged Monty as Associate Webmaster to help with some aspects of administration and management for the site. What homepage features in particular do you miss?

BTW, I am moving this thread to the "Our Community" forum.

Thanks. It was rather a surprise to me, too, but I haven't seen any evidence that congrats are inappropriate (e.g. "hey, Monty, how about you re-write the home page code in Java bytecode. By Tuesday." )

monty;118882 said:
Thanks. It was rather a surprise to me, too, but I haven't seen any evidence that congrats are inappropriate (e.g. "hey, Monty, how about you re-write the home page code in Java bytecode. By Tuesday." )

And I am sure, like me, you are getting the big bucks for this not for profit work :wink:

I see... :rolleyes: :smile: Well, I have no plans to fully resurrect the prior version -- I hope to enhance it into something better... so if there are specific features you're interested in on the homepage, let me know so I can try to prioritize!

gholland;118968 said:
Tony,

How about some ceph pics other than the title bar on the home page? Ceph photo of the month?

THAT is a terrific idea, except someone had to maintain it :cool2:

An alternate would be a slide show of identified octo pictures with a note of the identifying traits ... OR pictures of "parts" (eye spots, enlarged suckers, siphons, specialized arm (can't spell it without looking) ...

gholland;118968 said:
Tony,

How about some ceph pics other than the title bar on the home page? Ceph photo of the month?

Agree with that. Definitely need some image up there.

We did have a script which pulled most recent from the Gallery. I'll look into incorporating that.

I think a ceph photo of the month would be a great idea, assign a "comittee" of say 3 or 5 people, or even just the staff, and once a month each could vote on the best picture submitted in a specific thread. There could also be different monthly topics to base the pictures on. such as:black and white, or thermal colors, or eating pics, or something.

sorry...............did I ramble there :roll:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back