home page

I agree completely! It's taking me a little time to get accustomed to frequenting the home page instead of the forums page, but I think it works really well. Especially the latest photos... I never knew when other people posted gallery pics before.

cuttlegirl;123887 said:
Thanks to Monty for getting the front page up and running! :biggrin2:

I can take no credit, I fear. The home page is all Tony's work.

I am trying to learn the ropes of the forums part, but they've been working fine...

That said, thanks to Tony for getting the front page up and running! :biggrin2:

Thanks guys, and thanks for your patience with it. I'm glad you like it, I agree it's an improvement. It's actually a lot of what it used to be. I just had to re-haul the code. I thought there might be some better software I could work with, but really this is the best for the purposes of our community.

I still have a few things to sort out. For example, regarding pictures -- right now the homepage shows the latest pictures from Member Albums (which you can access via your profile), as opposed to the latest pictures from the Image Gallery. They are two completely different things. I would like to consolidate the overall "images" concept so that it is available from one area. I like Member Albums because you can go to people's profiles and see what images they created. I think we can and should leverage the new "Social Groups" feature to come up with categories of pics, and people could link their photos there ("Tattoos", for example -- I created a social group for that just to test things out). All this is pretty high concept right now and I need to execute a few things to get it right. And I don't want to lose the few hundred pics and videos we already have in the Gallery, so it will take some planning. I have to start with a plan, then ask the community to engage in the right way.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back