Hiya!

edit: I've gone dyslexic, good thing I mentioned Seattle... Woods Hole is (obviously the North East... I'm having one of those days, but I'll leave the original for general amusement)

Woods Hole comes to mind as a marine bio place in the NorthWest... Hanlon's there: http://www.mbl.edu/mrc/hanlon/index.html

I don't know for sure that they have an MS program, they seem to do a lot of "biologists from other schools visit for a summer or a year" sorts of things.

Gilly's lab at Stanford's Hopkins Marine Lab is another West Coast possibility, and Seattle ( is that UW?) has some good researchers, too. I think Roland Anderson is the main guy there...

CreatureTeacher;98040 said:
Does anyone know what sort of careers, other than academic, are out there for an octopus doctor who is interested in ethology? (Not that I have anything against academia, I just want to explore my options.)

Aquarium husbandry springs to mind , government agencies, museums, etc etc

BTW love the dog in your avatar!

J

Berkley is in the west at least. I think its hard to beat Dr. Roy for marine invert ethology.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back