• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

high lighting with cuttles

mcmusashi5

GPO
Registered
hello fellow tonmo members ive read some of the best cuttle care articles and some say that its never happend to them but some have reported blindness of cuttles in very high lighting. has anybody had this happen to them and what is considered highlighting 7 watts per gallon (the standerd for most reef aquariums) or more

thank you, Mike :smile:

High lighting is fine. I suspect, as I mentioned in several articles, that the thoughts of blindness in cuttles/bandensis and high light comes from a misunderstanding of animals going through senescence.

Watts per gallon is not really used as a measure anymore because it doesn't take into account the height of the tank or the penetration capability of the light source and more. I, and other breeders, have kept bandensis under several 400 watt MH with no problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back