hiding

clownfish

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
my octopus hasent come out too much in the past 2 weeks I havent realy seen him crawl al over the glass and be about. Instead he is hiding. what should I do? oh I have a bunch of crads from the beach to feed him. :hmm: I just dont now if he is dead or not.

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Are there signs he's still eating? If so, I would leave him alone. Sometimes they take longer to adjust and disturbing his environment is just going to freak him out again. Patience!!!! :smile:

clownfish

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
my lights are oposite to day so when it is night the aqarium lights are on and when it is day the lights are off I can see him 24/7.

clownfish

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
such a releaf I finaly found my octopus he is in his den with 2 crab shells if frunt of it he started to move a little bit wile I looked at him I am grabbing a few more crabs to see if they incorage him to come out :mrgreen:

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Glad you found your octo.

Maybe it would come out more if you had a more natural lighting scheme - lights on during the day and dark except for red light at night. You might have success with moonlights (blue) at night.

Nancy

clownfish

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
I tried that but when I turn on the lights in my room it messes up the night for my octopus. Thats why I think he is hiding

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
King.God

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards