hi2me

tendo

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
i'm new to octopi and this forum. imma get one as soon as i learn everything about it, i already got a 40 gallon tank to start out with. :bugout: :bugout:

i'm mostly a music producer/web designer (check out my beats@ www.deftek.net ) but im really into science and history also. i'm planning on naming my first octo 'snortikon fleebkreeler'

cool emoticons :smile: one thing i didnt notice about this board (not to sound harsh) is that the pictures that are uploaded are all really huge. the board would be a lot faster if you resized em down a notch or two and used a more lossy format, you can decrease the size of these pictures to a tenth of what the camera makes and hardly lose any quality....just a thought

bigups cephalopod massssif

Cool site/music, I was just listening to New Years Eve 2003 while reading your blog. Actually I'm still listening to it.

Your buddy JaYroK 910 might want to take a close look at his diet in the interests of regulating himself. :lol:

Which pics are you referring to? We do have a speed crisis looming on TONMO.com; massive upgrade to the engine to (hopefully) occur in 2004.

I just started writing, explaining how the pics that people upload really shouldn't have an impact, since they're attachments... they only impact performance when the attachments themselves are actually being clicked on and downloaded.

HOWEVER, now that I think about it, I'm not so sure... I guess the attachments are being stored in the forum database... so maybe that's what's weighing it down? :? Generally requests are bogged down given the overall size of the database?? :? :confused: :goofysca:

:welcome: to TONMO.com tendo!!

I'm assuming you're looking to get hold of the ever-popular O. bimac. 40 gallons should be fine though it might be a wee bit cramped.

tonmo said:
HOWEVER, now that I think about it, I'm not so sure... I guess the attachments are being stored in the forum database... so maybe that's what's weighing it down? :? Generally requests are bogged down given the overall size of the database?? :? :confused: :goofysca:

Large attatchments definately weigh down your bandwidth. Make them 150KB max, and add a photoshop tutorial on "Save for Web". It's really not that difficult, if people took an extra 30 seconds to size down their pics im sure you would notice a drastic performance increase. Either that or you could just make everyone host their own pics (although im not sure how many web savvy people there are on this board)

oh one more thing **TRIPPPLE POST***

I had this crazy dream about converting a swimming pool into a saltwater tank, and getting a giant octo to live innit. Is this feasible at all? And if so, could you feed it live chickens?

tendo said:
Large attatchments definately weigh down your bandwidth. Make them 150KB max, and add a photoshop tutorial on "Save for Web". It's really not that difficult, if people took an extra 30 seconds to size down their pics im sure you would notice a drastic performance increase. Either that or you could just make everyone host their own pics (although im not sure how many web savvy people there are on this board)

That's on another site I visit and I freaking hate it. I think this site runs smoothly enough. :smile:

.... rather strange avatar you have there Tendo. :welcome:

Chickens should work, as long as they're free range; you might want to remove the feathers first as my research in this department has shown that this live-food option gives the octopus gummy-beak and fluffy-fart syndrome.

... the coolest emoticon of the lot is, of course, :mesonych:

hi2you, hi2me!

Hope you enjoy the site and welcome.

(surely this is the coolest emoticon... 8)

:welcome:

Heya!

Welcome to TONMO, where the past, present, and future is cephalopods!

Howzit? Actually, your avatar looks kinda like the new "Dawn of the Dead" (saw it this weekend - I give it a thumbs up, even though I still think "28 Days Later" was better).

Welcome!

John

um... said:
Beg to differ:

:squidaut:

is the coolest.

Sir Dr Ummmmm.......; do you want one of your honourary titles stripped from you?

Surely :oshea: is cooler than :squidaut: , but this one is pretty close too :whalevsa: .

Funny that, we don't have an inking emoticon! Good call Tendo. Sir (temporarily 'Dr') Ummm.......; I shall restore your title in full if you generate an inker.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back