• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Hi there

darwin4819

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
hi everyone! I'm new here but just wanted to say I'm happy to find a site dedicated what I personally think is one of the most interesting animals out there :octopus:!

I'm graduating college this year and I'm hoping to study octopi for grad school, particularly their memory, learning capabilities, and communication, and I was wondering if anybody could recommend good universities or good professors for ceph research?

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
:welcome: Suggestions will probably come thick and fast.

darwin4819

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
thanks

thanks for the warm welcomes and the great reference, it was exactly the kind of program I was looking for :grin:

if that doesn't pan out maybe I can find a grad program for cthulu research :cthulhu:? hehe

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
:welcome:

If you wanted to go further afield there is AUT (Auckland University of Technology NZ, Dr Steve O'Shea) or IASOS (Institute of Antarctic and Southern Ocean Studies, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Dr George Jackson) plus Utas has a programme in Launceston (Dr Natalie Moltshaniwyskj [hmm I think I spelled that wrong!]).

J

rooloowho

Larval Mass
Registered
I am so glad, to find a website, where I can pour my passion out, I want to be a marine biologist, and I am happy that I am not alone about my passion, I mean Octopus..they are extermely intellegent...sorry, I want to say more but I don't want to embarss myself
-krystal-

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
rooloowho;91325 said:
I am so glad, to find a website, where I can pour my passion out, I want to be a marine biologist, and I am happy that I am not alone about my passion, I mean Octopus..they are extermely intellegent...sorry, I want to say more but I don't want to embarss myself
-krystal-
:welcome: to TONMO! Most of us, er, appear to have gotten over any concerns about embarrassing ourselves, so you are probably safe to take a "no worries" attitude in that department! We even have and icon to support that sort of thing: :oops: (or :razz: is sometimes more appropriate)

Members online

No members online now.