Hi There! I'm Back!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Herefishy, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Herefishy

Herefishy Larval Mass Registered

So, I used to be on here all the time. Then life got in the way and it seems over time I have just completely forgotten everything I have learned about keeping an octopus. I had a book, can't find it. Anyone know of any books to help put a tank together, best octopus to keep as first timers, ect?

tonmo likes this.
  2. cuttlegirl

cuttlegirl Colossal Squid Supporter Registered

Welcome! There are lots of threads over in Ceph Care that might be useful to you. Ceph Care

3. DWhatley

DWhatley Cthulhu Staff Member Moderator

:cuttlehi:In addition to the articles cuttlegirl linked, all the yellow highlighted threads in the octopus care forum will be useful. I especially recommend the Posts with Info for New Octo Keepers entry. It contains a list of links to extended discussions of for Species selection, Food, Tankmates and Aquarium set-up and cycling.

4. Nancy

Nancy Titanites Staff Member Moderator

Welcome back! The posts and articles on octopus care should be very useful. There are a number of good books on octopuses, but the only one about taking care of an octopus at home is the book Colin Dunlop and I wrote, Cephalopods: Octopuses and Cuttlefishes for the Home Aquarium, TFH Publications, 2009.

Nancy

5. tonmo

tonmo Titanites Staff Member Webmaster Moderator