Hi. Octopus eggs in my tank

Hi. My name is Michael and Iv had a recent death of a blue ring octopus but a string of fertilised eggs is now in my care. At first I almost binned them but kept them in a floating chamber to see how they go and 2 weeks on its clear there alive now eyes are all over the place. Iv looked around but unsure what's best food for them when hatched

Hi Michael. Because of the toxicity of the blue rings, we don't support raising them in a home aquarium and have little information about their care. @Neogonodactylus does raise and photograph them in the locked lab at Berkeley so we are honored with bits of information and excellent photos as a side benefit of their toxin study.

There is very little success raising any of the small egg species in captivity. The eggs you have will produce tiny planktonic hatchlings. There are no known successes of raising any of the blue rings in aquariums (public or private) but the danger you may face of poisoning even from the hatchlings may make it unwise to continue the experiement.

Hi and thanks for taking an interest. Il be taking the most care possible to be safe when doing this but I think it's only fair to try as I thought it would be cruel not to try and if I'm unsuccessful at least I tried and also these are not nearly as bad to keep as there size makes them more containable as there not nearly as strong as a bimac etc. I would never let anybody take 1 without knowing there clued up and prepared for 1.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back