Hi Newbie here from Eastern PA USA

QueenB

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Hi I just wanted to introduce myself, and toss a shout out to Dwhatley on his amazing videos and photos of his gorgeous Babies from Trapper I found on Photobucket. I absolutely adored them.
I've been researching over the site a bit, and really trying to get the courage up to try for a larger tank < I have an 8g and 29g at the moment > and possibly try to raise a baby Octo. I'm still unsure of which to decide on. But before I dive in to that I want to get my feet wet with a good nice size tank, really good filtration, and the correct lighting so as not to blind the poor dear.

I would like to try and make as few mistakes as possible, before even thinking of putting an Octo in the tank.

Looking forward to my new adventure, and educational experiences from all of you.

Ramie

Thanks Ramie!
I forget that those are still out there. At one time we did not have the capacity to upload large photos and I was too lazy to shrink them so they went on Photobucket and were linked to the TONMO journals. I keep meaning to go through some of the Trapper and family posts and add them locally so that they don't disappear (but have been too lazy yet again to get it done). Be sure to look at our Forums->Journals and Photos->List of Our Octopuses 2009 and 2008 (not too many in 2010 yet) to see links to the various journals that actually have words, events and videos of the different species that we have journaled on TONMO. As the saying goes, "You ain't seen nothin' yet" :wink:

Hello from Latrobe Pa, Western side of PA, Eastern side of the US

OOO Busted! :oops: Caught me paying more attention to researching then how I was posting that. :oops:

OK detailed version with my research set aside.

Hello everyone!

I'm a 37 year old Mother of 2 wonderful teenagers. My son is 18 on his last year before he goes into the service, and my Daughter is 17 and a sophomore. I'm from a small town called Latrobe, on the Western side of PA. It's on the Eastern side of the US. Thats how it was supposed to come out, but got too wrapped up on yet another great part of the site.

This site is just so amazing with all the information photos, links to facts, ect...I feel like a kid at Christmas with her favorite toy.
Please excuse the excitedness. :oops:

I so understand Dwhatley, about the photos. I have so many that I take of my family, I've gone through probably about 20 Cd's saving all of them. I have to go back and organize them by year, then Holiday, then family. There are just so many I'm just too lazy to do it yet. Photo bucket was how I first stumbled across you, and then the site. I honestly didn't think there was anything decent site wise on Octopus. Boy was I surprised.

I will post photos once I decide on the size of tank, and set them all up. I have an G Oceanic Bio cube, and a 29 via Aqua bow front set up right now. With just snails and crabs. The 29 will be a back up tank for food, and in case of a dire emergency.

:wink: Can never have too many tanks. You never know what kind of emergency will come up. :wink:

I do not want to become a breeder, or ever dare try to. I am just learning so much more about them, from the experiences that I'm reading on here. I'm just trying to cover as much ground as possible with my setups.

Happy to try my to be part of the family, and try like heck do it right the first time.

Patiently yours,
Ramie

Welcome to our world. Always great to see another MTS (MiltiTank Syndrome) victim likely to become a cephaholic .:sagrin:. Your children are likely to take an interest too once you get your first octopus (as long as you do the maintenance :wink:).

Tony does a great job keeping us on topic but if you feel the need to socialize beyond or, as most of us do, end up in a rabit trail the just needs posting, join as a supporter (the cost is extremely low) where there are forums for off topic fun and semi-private discussions.

I second the motion to become a supporter, it's a lot of fun! And you learn many things about scientists that you never wanted to know... My aunt lives in Peanut, so I sometimes visit your neck of the woods in PA...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back