Hi, I'm a new member, old person

I thought I should introduce myself since I've been lurking a little while. I'm not a scientist but was indoctrinated in all things cephalopod years ago by my obsessed son Erich. I've heard so much about this site from him that I had to check it out for myself, and now I've found another way to waste half a day when I should be packing up to move. There's some pretty impressive art in the gallery, by the way. I probably won't post a lot, because I know so little compared to most of you, but this is a great place to learn a whole lot more. Cheers!

Welcome, sorseress and Erich's mom! I am currently Erich's biggest fan - I think you mean Mr. Orser, we may have a second Erich with an H - for all his great work with the Monterey Convention Authority for TONMOcon.

sorseress said:
I probably won't post a lot, because I know so little compared to most of you, but this is a great place to learn a whole lot more. Cheers!

Knowledge of cephs is no object here! I've learned a lot about cephs but none of my posts could be called informative. There are many threads devoted more to silliness than biology.

Melissa

Welcome to Tonmo! And, Melissa is correct...there are quite a bit of non-biological posts here...
greg

Is erich's family onto a record for most family members????

Welcome to TONMO.com :smile:

You're right, I am that Erich's mom. And yes, I have noticed there's a lot of "off message" tomfoolery here, but that just makes it more fun. Cthulhu 77, are you the artist who lives in AZ? Erich was saying that a terrific artist lived north of where we are going to be moving, and I'm guessing that he means you, right? By the way, I've tried to post an avatar from the ones on site, but I''m not getting anything. Is there something wrong there, or is it me (which is certainly a possibility since I am seriously computer challenged?

Yep, that is me ! I told Erich that he needs to come out and visit alot if you are going to be living in G.V. !!! (possibly the most lovely place on the planet)...that way, I can come down and meet up ! LOL
Re: avatar...make sure that the jpeg is of a small enough size...you may have to reenter it until it shows...
greg

I thought I should introduce myself since I've been lurking a little while. I'm not a scientist but was indoctrinated in all things cephalopod years ago by my obsessed son Erich. I've heard so much about this site from him that I had to check it out for myself, and now I've found another way to waste half a day when I should be packing up to move. There's some pretty impressive art in the gallery, by the way. I probably won't post a lot, because I know so little compared to most of you, but this is a great place to learn a whole lot more. Cheers!
RIP to @sorseress, a TONMO member (who hasn't visited in nearly 10 years) but was a prolific contributor in our formative years; I'm replying to her introduction thread dating all the way back to 2005. She did stay somewhat active on Facebook. My condolences to her family, which includes former staffer Erik Orser.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back