• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Hi everyone

Noadi

Cuttlefish
Registered
I'm a long time lurker who just finally got around to signing up here. I love cephalopods though I don't raise any (lack of space and money). I have to content myself with researching them and creating my own in the form of jewelry and sculpture.

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
:welcome:

I think you'll find there are other jewelery /ceph lovers here too, Myself and Nancy to start with, I mainly bead, although I have played with both polymer clay and silver clay (can't afford a kiln ATM so this is on hold!).

Love your squids..............are you using skulpey? I use an equivalent called Du-Kit, I find it's a little less fragile when fired.

J

cuttlegirl

Colossal Squid
Registered
I think it was called "peacock", it is green. Do you feel like you are giving away your pets when you sell them?

Oh, and I would recommend becoming a supporter - lots of fun stuff to see and read in the supporter's forum!

Noadi

Cuttlefish
Registered
Jean: I use Premo polymer clay which is one of the more durable brands when cured. I'm not sure Du-kit is available in the US so I've never tried it.

Cuttlegirl: Okay, if it's a peacock green then it's the jade cuttlefish. I think I like your name for it better actually. I don't feel like it's giving away a pet anymore, I did when I first started selling them and I was a bit sad to let them go. Now it's more like I'm sending them off to a new home and it's pretty exciting.

I'll consider becoming a supporter, need to get the hang of the regular forums first I think.

cuttlegirl

Colossal Squid
Registered
Noadi;139685 said:
Cuttlegirl: Okay, if it's a peacock green then it's the jade cuttlefish.
It was on sale, and it is green with a blue mark on the mantle, like the "eye" on a peacock feather. Maybe I will post a picture later, so you can see its new home. smile:

Noadi

Cuttlefish
Registered
cuttlegirl;139689 said:
It was on sale, and it is green with a blue mark on the mantle, like the "eye" on a peacock feather. Maybe I will post a picture later, so you can see its new home. smile:
Ah, you did get the one and only peacock cuttlefish I made. I'm so glad you like it because it wasn't one of my favs.

Members online

No members online now.