Hey there!

hallowblight

Hatchling
Registered
As you can see I'm new to the forums. I'm a high school sophomore in the US who is very interested in pursuing marine biology as a career, specifically teuthology of course, and my passion for cephalopods was probably sparked by.. a video game, actually, a few years back. As I've been able to learn more between that time and now my interest has only gotten stronger and I firmly believe that these creatures are some of the most interesting on this planet. I'm not exactly sure where to start, but I think this forum would be a valuable resource for me to be able to learn, and hopefully pursue that kind of career. With that said, I'm happy to be a part of this community now and if you have any questions about me feel free to ask.

Welcome @hallowblight and thanks for joining! You've come to the right place. Read away, and do contribute - they say curiosity killed the cat, but I know on TONMO it has launched several careers in teuthology :mrgreen: . Enjoy your stay -- I'm looking forward to your contributions & engagement on the forums! (just in time for your summer break :grad:)

Welcome @hallowblight and thanks for joining! You've come to the right place. Read away, and do contribute - they say curiosity killed the cat, but I know on TONMO it has launched several careers in teuthology :mrgreen: . Enjoy your stay -- I'm looking forward to your contributions & engagement on the forums! (just in time for your summer break :grad:)
That's good to hear! In our biology class we actually dissected squid yesterday; I had been looking forward to that all week. I was pretty surprised at how easy it was, though, you only needed to cut up the mantle above the water jet to expose the internals. It was more difficult to dissect an earthworm! I don't know what species it was exactly, only that it was a standard calamari-type squid from a fishery.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back