hey there!!!

bikeguy33

Cuttlefish
Registered
good evening everyone!! I can`t believe there is a cephalopod forum. I am so happy as i will need help with my new guy.

Now to introduce myself.My name is Bill and I live in Vancouver Canada. I have kept fish for as long as I can remember and did it for a living for 10 years in maintenance, fish farms and treating and diagnosing disease in both fresh and salt...but completely green with octopii! So far I am loving the personality and excitement of these awesome animals.

currently I am administrater at another site...but there is little knowledge on octopus there. i am looking forward to talking to all of you...

Lmecher

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Registered
:welcome: to Tonmo Bill!
You should start a journal on your octopus, the feedback you get can be really helpful.

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
Please do journal your experience. If you know the species, post it, where (as in what body of water) it came from (if known) and the approximate size (mantle length - behind the eyes to the end of the body - and arm length - from the mouth to the end of an arm) to start. If the species is unknown, post any distinguishing markings or behaviors.

PICTURES are, of course, highly desired :biggrin2:

DWhatley

Certified Ceph Head For Life
Staff member
I moved your first Octopus introduction post to our Journals and Photos forum. Daily journaling would be an odditiy :biggrin2: but noting behavior changes (especially for timing) or anything you notice that seems unusual (and PHOTOS of course :biggrin2:) helps all of us get a handle on what to expect from each species. If you have a name for your new critter, let me know that and I will add it to the title and our octopus list.

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
bikeguy33;166119 said:
I can`t believe there is a cephalopod forum.
Believe it! :smile: and Welcome!

:welcome:

bikeguy33

Cuttlefish
Registered
i am glad there are others from bc here...where do you get your cephs? when this guy is gone i would like another one pretty quickly. mine took near 4 months to order and dont want to wait next time....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSG

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak