hey, im new hear, lots and lots of q's to say the least.

tristan

Hatchling
Registered
hey, my names tristan. i live in northeaster ohio and im 15 years old. iv been reading this form for about a month and to say the least i find it mind boggoling :bugout: but me being the type of kid i am im always up for learning somthing new.

with the intro aside, me and my uncle (who is a wildlife expert) are looking to set up a fish tank. iv always wanted some sort of marine life. and iv always thought octopuses were amazing. although he has had many tanks ranging from goldfish to some of the more exotic freshwater fish, it would be my first.

im deffinintly not planning diving headfirst into getting an octopus(see not all teenagers are dumb =)

so and pointers would be nice.

i will also be posting a list of questions in octopus care.

thank you all for your time!

:welcome: to TONMO. Make sure to read the articles (under the big ARTICLES button at the top) to get basic answers to start, if you haven't already...

After the articles, browse the tank forum and find a design that appeals to your engineering skills. After you build out your tank, populate it with a few softies and clean up crew and take 6-8 months learning to care for a marine tank. Involve your uncle as he will quickly see the difference between keeping a marine and a freshwater tank and should be very helpful (about the only thing they have in common is the fact that they are containers of water that house live stock). ENJOY!

thanks every one!

ill deffinetly keep reading

one thing to sorseress's reply

im thinking about buying a used 125 gal tank..

since copper is highly toxic and id rather not take any chances, whats the best way to clean the tank to remove any heavy metals or contaminates?

thanks!

tristan;138003 said:
thanks every one!
since copper is highly toxic and id rather not take any chances, whats the best way to clean the tank to remove any heavy metals or contaminates?

Well, the best way is to make sure that it never had any copper in it. Some people say that you can strip all the silicone and re-silicone the entire tank.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back