hey hey hey!

craigl

O. bimaculoides
Registered
First post! figured i should start with introducing myself :smile:
I have been keeping marine tanks for quite some time and have kept many of the "oddball" species with much success (for the most part). I have kept O. Mercatoris in the past but that is all the experience i have with ceph's. As of right now i have 4 tanks up and running. One is a 90 gallon sps dominated reef, a 36 gallon mixed reef, a 30 gallon peacock mantis tank, and a 30 gallon cube that is still maturing as i await to find an S.Bandensis... I work for a local aquaculture facility that is a relatively small family run operation. We also build custom drygoods such as upwelling reactors, lighting systems, and things of the like. we also do installations and maintenance on large systems usually in corporate offices but some private residential homes.
Anyway, it has been some time since i have kept any ceph's and a recent trip to the aquarium got my gears turning... I saw a pair of cuttles there and started messing with them a bit to see them flash colors and get the little kids excited about it... :idea: That is when the light bulb went on! i thought hmm that 30 gallon in the living room that has been cycling would be great for a S. Bandensis!!!
Im sure there are many people on here with lots of experience with keeping cuttles so i guess for now ill browse around and absorb as much as i can about whats "new" in the husbandry and breeding of these awesome creatures!

Well i figured id throw up some pics of the cuttles that got the idea in my head and some pics of the tank i have currently setup that i plan to add the dwarf cuttlefish to.
aquarium-30.jpg

and here is my setup...
Finnexfront1.jpg

Finnexsun1.jpg

:welcome: to TONMO! Make sure to check the ARTICLES button at the top of the page... although most of them are octopus-related, that's also the most concentrated cuttle info, and except for the escape-proofing, much of the octo requirements apply to cuttles as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back